Monday, September 18, 2006

Casting, Day 1

Today we begin casting for 'Team Leader', a short series that I co-wrote.

I'm sitting here in the casting office, aka the director's apartment, waiting on a 'little person' to come audition for the role of Captain Annoy-o, the obnoxious office wart that nobody likes. The producer told me that the little auditioner is to arrive via motorized cart. THIS is why I'm waiting by the window.

And, wouldn't you know it, but the Little-Cart-That-Could has stood us up. Normally I'd be peeved at missing such a rare opportunity, but luckily I am still riding the giggle-wave from the actor who just left. He came in to read for the lead role, and impressed me with his preparedness and ad-lib comedy. Let's hope the rest of the day is as entertaining.

Note to all you aspiring actresses out there: It's a bad idea to wear a Hooter's shirt to an audition. It doesn't matter if you look like Carmen Electra or Camryn Manheim... it's a first impression you don't want to make. Even if you're auditioning for Bikini Girl 7, dress professionally.

Anyway, the major reason for this post is because I wanted to share this, something I just came across while waiting for the Little Guy to come in. And no joke - between the time I began this post and right NOW, he has arrived. And his 'little' cart? It's heavy as hell. But most importantly, his resume is impressive, so fingers crossed...

1 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has old age affected your productivity? Have you become mired in a pre-mid-life crisis? When can your devoted readers expect to find a brand new post? Imagine the disappointment on all our faces as we scurry down the stairs each morn, our dashed hopes upon nary a new present under the cyber-tree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home